Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Ahmaud Arbery Case Goes to Jury

 In Georgia the summations are done; the judge has charged the jury and the case is now in the hands of the jury.

I thought the prosecutor did a good job in laying things out while the defense, not so much.

I think of verdict of guilty is the right result. I might be OK with letting Roddie Bryan off hook because I honestly think he was acting stupidly and not maliciously. He saw his neighbors chasing someone, assumed they knew what they were doing, and foolishly decided to help.

But there is no excuse for what Travis and Gregory McMichael did. The citizens arrest excuse is surpassed in absurdity only by their self-defense claim.

It seemed to me that the defense was expecting to lose the jury trial and was setting their ducks up for an appeal.

Let's hope the verdict is guilty and then they can try their luck. I don't think they'll have any more success in the appeals court than they had with the trial judge.

No comments: