Saturday, June 26, 2021

The Georgia Election Law

I don't like the Georgia election law just passed. 

My specific complaints are the changes to the State Election Board, the voter ID requirements and the rules against providing water to people waiting on line. 

The last is not so much that I think people should be allowed to have water provided as much as they are clearly expecting long lines of people waiting to vote. 

Guess in what areas that's going to happen? 

I vote in 5 minutes and half of that is walking in from the parking area. People shouldn't have to wait in line for hours to vote. But then I live in an upper middle class town with a Republican mayor and town council that is 90% white and 10% Asian. Well the joke was on the Republican mayor and town council in 2020 as the town went for Biden. 

But my general complaint is the fact that this law only exists because of lies about the 2020 election. There's an old engineering maxim that says if it ain't broke then don't fix it. 

What exactly is the problem that the Georgia election law is fixing other than the fact the Republicans lost the state in 2020?

No comments: