Sunday, December 29, 2019

CFP Semi-finals

Well, it seemed liked forever but December 28th has finally arrived. I decided my car could no longer be relied upon so I bought myself a 2020 Subaru Forester as a Christmas present. So, I'm officially broke.

December 28th, 4 PM - Peach Bowl, Atlanta

LSU - 63 (1) vs Oklahoma - 28 (4)

Oklahoma had no chance. With multiple missing defensive stars they were almost helpless against Joe Burrow and company. Burrow threw for 7 TD passes in the FIRST HALF.

December 28th, 8 PM - Fiesta Bowl, Glendale

Ohio State - 23 (2) vs Clemson - 29 (3)

Here's my call on this game over at the Washington Post.

"Clemson hasn't faced an opponent like Ohio State but I'm betting that once they get over the initial shock Lawrence and company will pull it out."

 So Ohio State builds a 16-0 lead and then wow, wow and wow. A targeting call after review on third down leads to a Clemson touchdown. A roughing the kicker penalty leads to a 99 yard drive and a Clemson touchdown. A catch, fumble and run for a touchdown gets negated after review eliminating an Ohio State touchdown.

Can I call them or can I call them. On to New Orleans. What a great game.

January 13, 8 PM - New Orleans

LSU (1) vs Clemson (3)

I'm going with LSU.

No comments: