Monday, May 20, 2019

On the Idea of Reparations

Find me an ex-slave and I’ll be happy to support his claims for reparations FROM THE STATE WHERE HE WAS ENSLAVED because everyone should be paid for their work.

If you want to argue that the descendants of slaves should receive reparations FROM THE STATES WHERE THEIR ANCESTORS WERE ENSLAVED, I might go along with that.

The southern states were the primary beneficiaries of slavery. The northern states benefited as well but no where near as much as the southern states. To be honest, I live in New Jersey and I am just sick and tired of supporting their sorry Republican rear ends. Let those states who benefited the most make the most restitution. 

Beyond that, count me out. My people were in Italy and Austria-Hungary when slavery was a thing so don’t expect me to support using my tax dollars on an equal basis with states like Alabama or Mississippi for reparations.

No comments: