Saturday, July 05, 2014

The World Cup the Quarter Finals

Not exactly a scoring bonanza. On Friday it was Germany advancing past France 1-0 and Brazil beating Columbia 2-1.

On Saturday it was Argentina over Belgium 1-0 and, in penalty kicks, the Netherlands ended Costa Rica's Cinderella story 4-3 after playing to a 0-0 draw.

France v. Germany
Brazil v. Columbia
Argentina v. Belgium
Netherlands v. Costa Rica

Yes, that's 4-0 you see there. Now we move on to the semi-finals.

Brazil v. Germany - Germany
Argentina v. Netherlands - Argentina

I'm going to go with Germany. I think the loss of Neymar is going to be too much to overcome and Lionel Messi has made me a believer so I'm going with Argentina.

Of course if I get Argentina right and Germany wrong, I get my dream match of a Brazil v. Argentina final. No matter what happens, it should be interesting.

Oh yeah, overall I'm 23-5 which ain't bad at all.

No comments: