Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Russian Solution

After insisting that the Syrians didn't use chemical weapons, or at least implying there wasn't enough evidence to demonstrate they did, the Russians have come up with a compromise to avoid the use of force.

The Syrians have agreed to turn over their chemical and sign the non-proliferation treaty in exchange for a Western guarantee that it will not attack over the alleged chemical weapon attack.

This sounds like a reasonable compromise to me even though it strikes as a case of "I didn't do it and I promise not to do it again."

Take the chemical weapons and let the two sides fight it out. I have a bad feeling that there is no "good guy" in this war so I'm not about to choose sides.

A policy of "stay out of it" works just fine for me.

No comments: