Monday, April 16, 2012

Tebow Booed at Yankee Stadium

Tim Tebow was at the Yankee game the other day and, when shown on the big board, was roundly booed by the crowd despite wearing a Yankees cap!

I have five possible explanations for this.

#1 – These are baseball fans who are sick and tired of football overshadowing their favorite sport.
#2 – They were mostly Giants fans who would have booed any Jet no matter who he was.
#3 – Mark Sanchez is a lot more popular in New York than anyone is willing to admit.
#4 – They’re all just sick and tiring of hearing about Tebow.
#5 – This is the Bronx Zoo we’re talking about. Since when do they need a reason to boo someone?

I had to stop and think what would have been my reaction. I think, based mostly on #2, I would have joined in the booing as well but it would have been good natured rather than mean. Hey, booing the other team is all part of the fun.

No comments: