Friday, September 09, 2011

The Jobs Bill

If nothing else Obama presented an “in your face we need to get our act together” speech to congress and the nation last night.

I sort of agree with a lot of what he said. I do think we need to reform the tax code. I do think the rich should be paying more taxes on excessive income. As a matter of fact I think that tax rate should be so prohibitive as to dampen the unbridled greed that is running amok in the U.S. I also agree we should be closing corporate tax loopholes and rewarding companies that manufacture here in the U.S.

I’m sure the Republicans loved the speech too because they could hear the coins headed their way from the corporate lobbyists to make sure none of these ideas are implemented in any way that would inconvenience corporate American and the wealthy elite.

In other words, expect the Republicans to place roadblocks in front of everything. Besides, why would they want Obama to succeed?

No comments: