Monday, May 23, 2011

May 23rd and We’re Still Here

I ignored Harold Camping’s prediction of the Rapture arriving on May 21st because I considered it totally ridiculous. Now that we’ve arrived at May 23rd, I am a tad curious about the reaction of the faithful.

I thought one quote was a bit revealing. Camping’s PR aide says the group is “disappointed” that they weren’t whisked off to heaven while the rest of us died horrible and painful deaths. No, he didn’t say that literally, but that’s what it comes down to if you think about it.

One follower, who spent $140,000 advertising Camping’s prediction, said he couldn’t understand why nothing happened. Let me help you out there. All Religion is nonsense; Christianity is especially nonsense and Camping doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Given that, why SHOULD something have happened.

Will they learn from this? Probably not, at least one person expressed the opinion that the judgment HAS occurred and the world will still end on October 21st. Others are already saying that their prayers led to God giving the world more time in order that more will be saved.

The human race is really very good at self deception. You’ll excuse me if I don’t mark down the October 21st date on my calendar.

No comments: