Friday, July 06, 2007

No Jail for Scooter Libby

I have to put my two cents in about this one. However, surprisingly, I don’t have a real issue with Bush commuting Libby’s sentence to simply two years probation.

Why you ask? Simply because Libby was the fall guy and, while I don’t consider that admirable, he isn’t the real villain in the piece and therefore I don’t consider using him as a whipping boy necessary.

Just get us to January of 2009 and, hopefully, we can begin to erase the nightmare of this administration. I did think it was enlightening however that the only defense these bozos could come up with in response to criticism over the commutation was a whine to the effect, well, Clinton did it too. You know you’re in serious trouble when the President of the United States can’t do better than tu quoque in justifying his actions.

No comments: