Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Got it Saturday and finished it by Sunday night. I have to admit it was a little confusing at first because I didn’t go back and reread the previous book and my memory on some things was a tad hazy. That might have contributed to my feeling that the first half of the book was kind of dull.

Things did pick up in the second half and despite having to rely upon a rather awkward contrivance, which could only have been used in a fantasy like HP, to close up some of the dangling loose ends, I think JK did a masterful job of concluding the seven book saga.

There will be no spoilers here. If you want to know what happens, go read the book.

I’m going to miss Harry Potter even though there are still two movies to look forward to. I’m going to miss the speculation on the internet about what happens next and I’m going to miss the building excitement as the release of the next book approaches. Harry Potter was a phenomenon and I’m glad I got to participate in it.

Maybe JK will come up with a new hero and a new story line.

No comments: