Thursday, September 14, 2006

Survivor’s Racial Teams

This year’s Survivor program has apparently chosen to divide the teams by race. There will be a White, a Black, a Hispanic and an Asian team. Needless to say there has been more than a little criticism and some people have even called for the show to be canceled.

I don’t watch Survivor but I have to admit I was more than a little surprised when I heard about the teams divided by race arrangement. Shocked would be too strong a word but I was surprised.

Then I thought about it a bit and decided who cares? Is this any different than dividing the teams into blue eyed and brown eyed or left handed and right handed? No it isn’t. How about we grow up and stop being offended by every little thing. I might even watch an episode to see how things work out.

No comments: