Friday, June 09, 2006

Nominee for Jackass of the Year

Ann Coulter, who else? Her latest Ad Hominid attack was to dub four women from East Brunswick whose husbands were killed in the 9/11 attacks the “Witches of East Brunswick” saying "I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much." Coulter was upset because the four (a) headed a campaign that resulted in the creation of the September 11 Commission and (b) took out an advertisement in favor of John Kerry.

Coulter accuses the women of reveling in their “celebrity status” since becoming “millionaires” due to 9/11 settlements and claims they wanted to blame President Bush for not preventing the attacks. Adding insult to insult Coulter added "By the way, how do we know their husbands weren't planning to divorce these harpies? Now that their shelf life is dwindling, they'd better hurry up and appear in Playboy."

All of this appears in her new book "Godless: The Church of Liberalism.” Please, we could REALLY use a libel lawsuit here. Somebody find the ladies a good lawyer! I would like nothing better than to see Coulter and her publisher reduced to begging on street corners.

Coulter is also the one that after the 9/11 attacks suggested, "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity" and in another book wrote “Even Islamic terrorists don't hate America like liberals do."

No Ann you’ve got it wrong, its irresponsible conservative commentators that we hate. Allow me to remind you that your opinions aren’t synonymous with America. Actually, hate is too strong a word, usually we find what you say a priceless source of merriment. However, your tasteless attack on these ladies is beneath contempt.

Keep in mind that these are tirades coming from someone that demonstrates every time she opens her mouth that she doesn’t have the faintest idea what the underlying principles of America are or what the Constitution means.

When asked why she made such nasty personal attacks Coulter replied "I am tired of victims being used as billboards for untenable liberal political beliefs."

In other words, they dared to disagree with her. More than a few folks criticized Coulter for the statements including the two conservative New York papers the Post and the Daily News. I think Frank Lautenberg, Senator from New Jersey, said it best when he described Coulter’s unjustified attack as sparking disgust and saying "Her bookselling antics and accompanying vulgarity deserve our deepest contempt."

So why are people still buying her book and why is she still being paid to dispense her swill on national television? I’m not proposing censorship of her ideas but the manner in which she expresses them. Hey, I admit I’m a godless liberal and proud of it. She can knock me all she wants for my liberal attitude and I’ll gladly return the favor expressing my opinion of her beliefs, including her religious beliefs if she wants to put them on the table as well.

The question however, is whether or not after slamming and ridiculing each others opinions, can we then still have a dialogue to see if there is a middle ground? You attack my opinions and sure, why not? You attack me personally and I’m not so sure. So are we going to have a civil dialogue or should I just go get my AKM now? Its bad enough we have to put up with the likes of Falwell, Perkins, Robertson and Dobson throwing barbs at people who disagree with them, do we have to listen to this bitch as well? A journalist should know better. I’d say she needs to get soundly laid except that would be terribly sexist. Besides, I can’t find anyone who would consider doing it even if they could use Pat Robertson’s amputated pinky sized member.

Oh, those last two sentences were terrible things to say. I’m so ashamed. I think I’ll go back and contemplate the story of Balaam’s Donkey (see Numbers 22:20-35).

No comments: