Sunday, December 05, 2021

Ouch

So, I was outside doing some minor repairs. Then I came inside and suddenly I couldn't breathe. I had to sit down and catch my breath. Things were OKish as long as I wasn't moving too much.

The next morning, Monday, things weren't much better so I decided to call my pulmonologist. They did some phone diagnostics and made me an appointment for that Friday.

I was OK as long as I didn't exert myself. Exerting myself was going to the store and having to stop and suck breath for five minutes. Also going to the dentist to finally get my new choppers and having to suck air just before I went into the office.

Anyway Friday comes around and I drive to the pulmonologist. Getting from the parking lot to her office was a challenge. I had to stop in the lobby, sit down and suck air again. It was so bad I had to rip off my mask to breathe.

To make a long story short one x-ray latter I was informed that I had a collapsed lung.

I ended up in the hospital for nine days which is a whole different tale of woe including eventual surgery. When I got home, my computer was dead. Talk about kicking a guy when he's down? I'm using my wife's little notebook but I ordered a new rig. Probably no virus updates until then.

No comments: