Saturday, May 16, 2020

To Doctor or not to Doctor

As states start to reopen the simple fact is that no one knows what’s going to happen. It’s a calculated risk.

I have a long standing appointment with my vascular surgeon next Thursday for a sonogram to check his handiwork from two years ago.

Should I go? I probably should since a burst aorta or iliac artery will kill me even more certainly than the virus. Is it likely I have a weakening artery wall? Probably not but if it wasn’t for the virus I would certainly go get it checked. The doctor’s office seems to think I’m coming.

It’s also possible I may have already had the virus. No one knows because I wasn’t tested. But that may not matter because no one knows if having it confers any immunity.

There are just way too many things that we still don’t know and that’s not good.

The biggest issue with going to the doctor is I’m not only taking a risk for myself but for my family because, if I get sick, they’re probably going to get sick too.

No comments: