Monday, October 24, 2016

Election 2016 VIII

It's been 25 days since Election 2016 VII because I no longer trust the polls or anything else.

I'm watching the country disintegrate in a way I suppose I've always suspected would be coming.

On one hand are the voices of reason and on the other the voices of fear and fear is a powerful emotion.

For too long now Republicans have pounded away with a message intended to instill fear in its base and to blame all of the issues underlying that fear upon people who look different.

Yet nothing ever seemed to change because the message was putting the blame on people who were pretty much innocent of causing the problem. After decades of "those other people are stealing what's rightfully yours" the crows have come home to roost. The end result of that message that is the candidacy of Donald Trump.

I don't believe the polls. I believe my gut and my gut says that Trump has a good chance to pull this one out. Then what?

You can be sure that it will be nothing good and you can be sure that the poor saps that voted for him will be worse off but still being told it's the fault of people who look different.

If you tell a lie often enough and with enough conviction, even fairly intelligent people will start to believe it and Trump and the Republicans have been lying from the beginning and the lies are being believed.

I would like to document one issue and that is the 33,000 emails that were deleted.

No Clinton didn't break the law when she had those 33,000 emails deleted. She had tasked her lawyers to divide the emails on her private server into work related and private. The work related emails were turned over to the Department of State and the server contractor was directed the remaining emails in December of 2014.

The Select Committee on Benghazi did not ask for all emails on the private server to be preserved until March of 2015.

I used to delete emails all the time from my work server. Typically when the numbers got too large I would delete everything but the last three months or so. The important stuff I left tucked away in separate files.

Even the backups were eventually deleted by the IT department. We were under no obligation to save emails just in case someone decided they wanted to see them and neither was Clinton.

Anyway, so much for that lie. I'm going to stay quiet now until November 9th.

No comments: