Monday, July 23, 2012

Aurora Colorado

I make no secret of the fact that I am opposed to the Death Penalty. But my opposition is practical rather than philosophical. I just believe that the chance of making an error outweighs any satisfaction from putting out the lights of someone who richly deserves it.

However, for Mr. James Eagan Holmes, the lunatic that walked into a Colorado movie theater and killed 12 people who never did anything to him, I’m willing to make an exception.

There is no doubt here. There is no chance of error so I would have absolutely no problem sticking a lethal needle into Holmes’ vein. Too bad it won’t hurt as much as it should.

I read there was some doubt as to whether the prosecutor would ask for the Death Penalty. How the hell could you not ask for it? If it’s not appropriate for this crime, then it’s not appropriate for any crime and we should abolish it nationally.

No comments: