Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Super Bowl in New Jersey

They’re going to play the Super Bowl in February of 2014 at the new Meadowlands stadium.

This should be a complete fiasco. February in New Jersey? I guarantee you there will be snow on the ground and it will be as cold as a witch’s tit. The only real question is will it be snowing that day.

Assuming I’m still alive and kicking then, I figure my chances of getting a ticket are pretty slim. We’ll have to compete for the host’s share with the Jet PSL ticket holders. Even if I manage to win a pair, I’m selling them unless the Giants are playing. I’m not crazy enough to sit in the Meadowlands on a February evening.

Oh yes kiddies, remember that the Super Bowl usually starts around 6 PM. Who are they going to have for the half-time show? Waloo and the Igloos?

On the positive side, perhaps this is the first step in returning to playing the championship game at the venue of one of the teams playing like it was back in the 1960s. On the other positive side, and again assuming I’m still breathing in the night air rather than being ashes over the Hudson, in February of 2014 I’ll have been retired for at least 3 months.

No comments: