Tuesday, December 01, 2009

White House Party Crashers

I look at this on two levels. On one level I find it amusing that the snobbish aspect of Washington society has had this kind of comeuppance. One can sort of chuckle and shake ones head over it. You have to admit it took guts since they had to know they were going to eventually get caught. As a matter of fact, I suspect getting caught was the whole idea.

On the other hand, one has to wonder WTF the Secret Service is doing to earn its salary. It’s a good thing these were publicity hounds and not right wing wackos.

The SS clearly needs to clean up its act but I think calls for the criminal prosecution of the couple are way out of bounds. The way I look at it we should be thankful they exposed the weaknesses in the system. Let’s take it as a lesson learned and move on.

No comments: