Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Hold on Barack

Hey, wait a minute. Obama is planning on EXPANDING the faith based initiatives of the Bush administration? WTF is with that?

Needless to say, while I’m all for helping the poor, I’m violently opposed to using faith based organizations to do it because, I don’t care how much you try to avoid it, they’re going to use the opportunity to proselytize and not all of us believe that religion is a good thing.

I hear what he’s saying about why, that we need all the help we can get, but I don’t buy it.

My support has slipped significantly after hearing this.

Interestingly enough I don’t have as big a problem with the second part of the announcement that he might support religion based hiring criteria for religious organizations in non-tax funded areas.

My one problem with this is I doubt it’s going to be that easy to separate the areas using tax dollars and those not using tax dollars. Hey, I know how we can simplify this! Let’s not give faith based organizations any tax dollars, and then they can discriminate in hiring to their heart’s content.

No comments: